Friday, July 28, 2006

an old friend

i lived in colorado for a few years. it was, as that one book says, the best of times and the worst of times. Through all of it there was a girl who was always there for me no matter what. when i had no where to go she helped me find somewhere to sleep. when i had no food she litterally made me go to her house with her and eat the food her mom made. when a girl i thought was one of the greatest girlfriends i ever had dumped me out of the blue, my friend was the one who sent me the text "i'll be outside in 5 minutes" and sure enough she was there in 4. i learned a lot from her and found someone who i truly consider a best friend. her name is jo. if she ever reads this i want her to know how much she means to me and that i miss her. jo mama, if you're reading this.... i miss our drives out in the country and the many close calls with the law, i miss hanging out in the luggage shop your mom ran while you were there at work. may you always find peace within yourself and may the great love you deserve find you soon. i love you jo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shem said...

That was very touching. Really good friends are extremely rare, and should be cherished, as you did in that post.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home